Sometimes, the hardest part is to find motivation to exercise and lose weight. You need motivation to START exercising and working out and to commit to it. Here are some tips that will help you to motivate yourself for exercise:
- Start with something you like, something you can enjoy. If you like to exercise in the open air, the gym or at home, just get started where ever place you like.
- The most
important tip of all is to set a goal and make it reasonable, be
realistic. working out for half an hour daily is a very good start.
Don't expect to find yourself able to exercise for a hour and half or
even an hour at first, it is hard to go from zero to maximum speed.
So start slowly and gradually increase the duration and the severity of the exercise, your body accommodates better to gradual exercising.
- Why do you want to exercise? It is a good idea to write down the benefits of exercise and the reasons why you really want to start working out as soon as possible. It has to a conscious decision in which you really believe.
- There is always time to exercise. No matter how full your day is, you can find time. It is okay to break up your exercise into smaller sessions, 2 or 3 sessions, each lasting about 10-20 minutes. See? Not that hard.
- Exercise can be boring sometimes. You don't have to do one type of exercises. You can do various forms like cardio, strengthing, yoga and aerobics. Walk, run, get on a treadmill, do whatever you wanna do.
- Speaking of boredom, make exercise as fun and enjoyable as possible. Listen to your favorite music, choose a place you love, watch TV while exercising, exercise with a friend, etc.
- Always remind yourself of the benefits of exercise and why you should keep doing it. Re-motivate and refresh yourself. You want to be healthier, happier, you don't want to be short of breath when you climb the stairs, you want to be able to play with your friends/kids/mates, you want to wear nice clothes, you want to feel better!
- Reward yourself! After you've set up your goal (your realistic goal!) and made it possible, reward yourself every month or every once in a while. You can do this weekly or even daily. Maybe you should yourself something you really wanted or have a nice dinner in a nice place for every week you complete without skipping an exercise session.
- Don't give up. Always remind yourself of the benefits and the rewards. Never expect extra-ordinary results. Never compare yourself to others. Don't let anything distract you or deter you.
- Make it safe and convenient. From the start, choose exercises that match your health status and never try something that is beyond your abilities and make it the right way. If you feel tired or exhausted, skip a day and get some rest.